Our client, a leading public sector organisation based off the Upper Malone Road in Belfast (BT9) has an urgent requirement for an experienced Receptionist to join the existing team.
This role is available ASAP and for 6 months, rate of pay is £7.38 (or £7.83 if over 25) rising to £10.30 per hr after 12 completed weeks. Hours of work are Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5pm - 37.5hrs per week.
This position requires a ‘team player’ who will ensure that all enquiries from members of the general public, Governing Bodies and staff are dealt with in a polite, efficient and effective manner and to provide administrative duties as directed. The ability to work speedily and accurately under pressure is important, as is the ability to effectively adapt to the changing needs of the organisation.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer all incoming telephone calls and direct to appropriate personnel.
- Manage the main telephone system in an efficient and effective manner including re-programming as required.
- Obtain outgoing calls for staff when requested to do so.
- Provide an effective link between callers and staff by taking messages when necessary, including the name and return telephone number of the caller and ensuring that all messages are forwarded to the relevant staff member.
- Deal with face-to-face enquiries from members of the general public ensuring a polite, courteous and efficient service at all times.
- Liaise with BT regarding the provision of new internal telephone extensions, additional external lines, and report faults that may occur in the telephone network.
- The provision of advice, information and training to other staff to ensure the most effective use of the system.
- Develop and maintain an in house telephone directory and circulate to all staff.
- Manage call management system and provide monthly reports as requested.
- Download monthly mobile telephone accounts and distribute to appropriate staff. Record payment for personal calls made, maintain individual accounts, chase up payment, bring all non-payments to the attention of the Finance Manager and advise HR of outstanding payments due prior to an individual leaving.
- Update and maintain organisational contacts on the database.
- Obtain information relating to posts advertised in the media as directed by line manager.
- Allocate and confirm bookings for meeting rooms as requested by staff and governing bodies using the ‘Meeting Room Manager’ software system. Liaise with caretaker to ensure rooms are prepared to customer’s satisfaction and requirements.
- Calculate charges for room bookings and refreshments and pass to administrative officer for invoicing.
- Calculate hours required to be worked by Security Officer and advise of same.
- Receipt of Goods inwards in compliance with procedures.
- Undertake administrative duties as requested by Line Manager including typing letters, reports, mail shots and opening and sorting incoming mail.
- The provision of cover for Finance duties e.g. petty cash and recording of income.
- Take an active part in the Annual and mid term Performance Review and Training and Development Planning process including, the identification of personal training needs and brining to the attention of the line manager.
- Undertaking learning and development as identified as a result of Mid Term Performance Review and Training and Development Planning process.
- To take an active part in the Investors In People Programme including undertaking training and development as discussed and agreed with Line Manager.
- To undertake any other relevant and related duties as may be reasonably required from time-to-time by your Line Manager.
Recognising that environmental changes take place within an organisation, the duties and tasks associated with this post may change from time-to-time.
Candidates must have a minimum of 5 GCSEs grades A-C to include English and Maths, (certificates must be provided)
To submit interest in this role please submit CV using link