Premiere People Healthcare are seeking to recruit a permanent Personnel Assistant to work with a Service User. Premiere are seeking a bubbly, gentle , caring candidate to work closely with a young adult and their family circle.
The successful candidate will be required to work mainly at the Service User's residence providing support duties to them and their family . This involves/accompanying the Service User to various places and/or travelling to venues to collect items . Hours of work may vary depending on the service user's needs and the employer will let you know in advance what hours will be required.
- The main duties of this role will be to provide support and care for a disabled person with domestic and social tasks .
- Applicants will be required to use equipment such as; hoist, electric bed, nebuliser, tilt chair, wheelchair, feeding , shower trolley, bath and wheelchair accessible motor vehicle.
- Applicants will be required to part take in leisure activities such as reading stories, playing music, arts and crafts, massage, attending outings and parties, walks (indoor/ out door) and taking Service User on drives.
- Domestic tasks - dusting, ironing, ensuring domestic surfaces are regularly cleaned and tidied. Responsible for making sure the Services User's space is clean and maintained , such as changing bedding, cleaning and ensuring their clothing is fresh and in wardrobes.
- Support family with appointments, collecting medications, dropping off and collecting services user from respite or social events. Assists with taking Service User to visit family and friends.
- Reporting/record keeping , must report any concerns regarding the Services User or issues within working environment. Record daily activities for the service user ( example: level of seizures, amount of feeds/output).
- Administer medication / injections ensuring the medication routine has been recorded.
- Applicants must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Applicant will be required to provide respite cover for family in family home as and when required.
- At times the successful candidate will be required to help support the needs of the service user's siblings.
- Provide over all family support as and when required.
- Minimum of 2 years paid experience working with adults/children with disabilities in a care setting.
- Must have Uk driving licence and able to drive wheelchair accessible car.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Please note that applicants will be required to part take in pre employment checks before he/she can commence employment.
For more information or to apply for this role please contact Kelly Eccles on 02890 720104.