- Belfast airport road
- £ £9 per hour overtime payable at time and a half
- flo gas 2021
Filling Plant Operative
Airport Road Belfast
Salary would be £9.00 per hour. Time an a half for overtime. Normal hours of work are 8am-5pm. However during Winter months this will change and could be anywhere in the range of 6am – 10pm depending on business requirements. Any Sat work is time and a half
Working as part of our Cylinder Business Unit you will be responsible for the safe filling and distribution of cylinders to meet daily demand and to ensure gas deliveries are made on time to customers.
Main areas of responsibilities
· Responsible for attending to equipment to fill cylinders and other containers with liquefied or compressed gases.
· Rolls cylinders onto platform scale, or positions cylinders in manifold racks manually or with chain hoist.
· Connects lines from manifold to cylinders.
· Adjusts valves and observes gauge to fill cylinders to specified pressure.
· Observes scale indicator to fill cylinders to specified weight.
· Sprays or brushes chemical solution onto cylinder valve to test for leaks.
· Fills out and attaches warning and identification tags or decals, specifying tare and gross weight, cylinder number, type of gas, and date filled, and records data.
· May inspect or test empty cylinder.
· May evacuate residual gases from cylinders.
· May test filled cylinders for specified gas pressure by connecting gauge and comparing reading with chart.
- Additional duties as required.
Education: GCSE or equivalent
Experience: experience in a general operations/manual handling role for 1 – 2 years
Role specific (technical) knowledge / skills: Good Communication / Interpersonal skills/ Forklift license is desirable but not essential
To apply send your cv to Caroline via link