- Belfast City Centre
- £ £11.11ph
- NICS - November 2021
We are currently recruiting for admin officers with telephony duties to start asap in a public sector role with Northern Ireland Civil Service starting asap on – Monday 1st November 2021 start date. The role is based in Belfast City Centre.
The successful candidates will be put through a registration/vetting process and an Access NI background check and must be able to provide proof of their 5 GCSE’s A-C including English and Maths to qualify.
Rate of pay: £11.11ph for an admin officer with telephony duties
Duration: 51 weeks with possible extension. Full attendance is essential for the first 4-8 weeks of the role starting for training purposes.
Hours of work:
The posts will require staff to work an average of 37 hrs per week in a range of patterns between the hours of 8am and 8pm on any day between Monday and Friday, in some patterns will require 9am to 5pm on one Saturday in four. Working patterns are managed locally and may include:
8am to 4pm;
9am to 5pm;
10am to 6pm; and
12noon to 8pm.
We will give as much notice as possible if we need to change the work pattern
Benefits: Weekly pay, 37 holiday days pro rata including bank holiday days. Central Belfast City Centre location. Flexi benefits available after the training period.
- Call handling
- Handling inbound calls from and making outbound calls to Paying Parents (PP), Receiving Parents (RP), Employers etc to arrange and maintain maintenance payments
- Maximising the use of outbound calls to keep all parties (Paying parent and Receiving Parent) informed in relation to their child maintenance arrangements
- Use available financial information to negotiate payment of regular maintenance and arrears with Paying Parents to maximise the maintenance payments for children
- Use positive customer contact to manage customer’s expectations, taking the time to explain processes clearly and providing realistic and accurate timeframes for the receipt of maintenance payments.
- Maximising the use of outbound calls to reduce the level of repeat calls and potential complaints.
- Collecting and recording evidence and information by phone to speed up the processing of new claims and to action ‘change of circumstance’ requests quickly and accurately to ensure paying cases continue paying.
- Offering and providing a call-back service to provide further support and information to all parties with a child maintenance interest.
- Handling all calls in a calm and professional manner
* Making decisions in relation to maintenance calculations and record those decisions fully and accurately
* Making appropriate use of Child Maintenance computer systems to record and retrieve information
* Explaining the maintenance calculation and collection process to customers in a professional manner
* Taking efficient and effective action on all incoming correspondence to deliver a high quality customer service
* Using available ‘tracking tools’ to manage own workload and contribute to achieving the organisations targets
* Ensuring adherence with GDPR by ensuring that all customer information is held appropriately and securely
If interested, please apply via the link below.