- Belfast City Centre
- £ £11.70ph
- ND - NICS - Mon 14th March 2022 start
We are currently recruiting for admin officers with telephone duties to start asap with Northern Ireland Civil Service starting on – Monday 14th March 2022 based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of pay for an admin officer with telephone duties: £11.70ph
Duration: 51 weeks with possible extension. Please note full attendance is essential for the first 6-8 weeks for the training period.
Hours of work: 37 hours per week. (Breakdown below of hours)
The posts will require staff to work an average of 37 hrs per week in a range of patterns between the hours of 8am and 8pm on any day between Monday and Friday, in some patterns will require 9am to 5pm on one Saturday in four. Working patterns are managed locally and may include:
8am to 4pm;
9am to 5pm;
10am to 6pm; and
12noon to 8pm.
We will give as much notice as possible if we need to change the work pattern
The main business of the Child Maintenance Service is to promote the financial responsibility parents have for their children; to provide information and support for parents to enable them to make effective child maintenance arrangements; and to provide an efficient statutory maintenance service with effective enforcement powers.
You will work as a member of a team providing an efficient and effective service to our customers. Staff are expected to contact customers by phone to enable us to gather information and process applications and changes as quickly as possible. You should remember that your actions in dealing with cases can have a major impact on the lives of our customers so your calculations must be accurate and decisions fully recorded.
When you complete your training you will join one of our business teams and while your duties will depend on the team in which you are placed, contacting customers by phone and answering calls will be a major part of your work.
- Handling inbound calls from and making outbound calls to Paying Parents (PP), Receiving Parents (RP), Employers etc to arrange and maintain maintenance payments
- Maximising the use of outbound calls to keep all parties (Paying parent and Receiving Parent) informed in relation to their child maintenance arrangements
- Use available financial information to negotiate payment of regular maintenance and arrears with Paying Parents to maximise the maintenance payments for children
- Use positive customer contact to manage customer’s expectations, taking the time to explain processes clearly and providing realistic and accurate timeframes for the receipt of maintenance payments.
- Maximising the use of outbound calls to reduce the level of repeat calls and potential complaints.
- Collecting and recording evidence and information by phone to speed up the processing of new claims and to action ‘change of circumstance’ requests quickly and accurately to ensure paying cases continue paying.
- Offering and providing a call-back service to provide further support and information to all parties with a child maintenance interest.
- Handling all calls in a calm and professional manner
* Making decisions in relation to maintenance calculations and record those decisions fully and accurately
* Making appropriate use of Child Maintenance computer systems to record and retrieve information
* Explaining the maintenance calculation and collection process to customers in a professional manner
* Taking efficient and effective action on all incoming correspondence to deliver a high quality customer service
* Using available ‘tracking tools’ to manage own workload and contribute to achieving the organisations targets
* Ensuring adherence with GDPR by ensuring that all customer information is held appropriately and securely
If interested, please apply an updated CV via the link below.