- £ 11.20
- Admin support Band 4
Great opportunity to work for well established company and be part of Admin Support Team.
Initial requirement is 8 weeks, but might be extended. Apply ASAP
The post-holder will be required to provide full administrative and secretarial support services to the Northern Ireland breast screening programmes across a range of activities and special projects relating to quality assurance, commissioning and coordination.
In particular, the post-holder will have a key role in supporting the quality assurance structures, having primary responsibility for co-ordinating and supporting a number of professional advisory groups.
The post-holder will work within a team providing administrative and information support to the cancer screening programmes, demonstrating a high degree of initiative, confidentiality and diplomacy in working with senior staff both within and external to the Public Health Agency.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate various advisory groups and meetings relating to the cancer screening programmes by preparing papers and reports, drafting agendas, taking minutes and following up on appropriate actions to ensure they are completed within the agreed timescales.
- Provide administrative support in the planning, organisation and undertaking of quality assurance visits within the cancer screening programmes, including coordinating the production of QA visit reports.
- Provide administrative support in the planning and organisation of regional workshops or training events being coordinated by the cancer screening team.
- Develop and manage a system of financial accountability for the cancer screening team to include the coordination and processing of requisitions, purchase orders, records of payments approved and providing summary reports for individual project/programme expenditure.
- Organise an annual screening programme conference including arranging speakers, presentations, venue, catering and communication of information to attendees.
- Maintain the required stock and resources for the screening team office
- Develop, oversee and implement office management systems and write policies and procedures to ensure the efficient running of the cancer screening team.
- Maintain up to date mailing and distribution lists for the cancer screening team.
Key Working Relationships
- Provide support to the Breast Screening Programme Managers and the lead Consultants in Public Health through: efficient processing of documents, incoming mail/letters, telephone calls; distribution of mail/files documents; and organising diaries/scheduling meetings.
- Provide cross-cover for the administrative staff across the breast screening programmes.
- Occasional line management responsibility for administration support staff within the breast screening team.
- Supervise and train new administrative staff within the breast screening team.
- Undertake other duties as requested by the Breast Screening Programme Managers or the lead Consultants in Public Health.
- Ensure that all audit recommendations relating to systems of office management are complied with.
- Effectively deal with relevant queries from senior staff in the organisation as well as with external clients and associated organisations, resolving problems using own initiative within certain parameters.
- Develop and maintain efficient and effective communication systems to ensure work priorities are progressed in line with agreed deadlines