- £ 11.70 per hour
Assistant Scientific Officer – Dungannon
Role until March 2022
£11.70 per hour
Please note this role may require travel across Northern Ireland
1. To take routine samples of water and effluent discharges from:-
a) Rivers, lakes and coastal waters,
c) Water Service Waste Water Treatment Works.
d) Private sewage treatment works.
e) Septic tanks.
f) Industrial discharges.
g) Landfill sites.
h) NI Water Treatment Works.
i) Other point sources.
2. Freshwater and effluent sampling in response to pollution incidents.
3. Other duties associated with consented discharges such as low flow inspections and visual inspections of discharges.
4. Assist other staff with proactive site visits to industrial sites and other premises targeted as part of the pollution prevention campaign.
5. Support duties to assist other field staff
6. Agricultural site checks of rivers and lakes in places with a past history.
7. Regular audits of vehicles, pollution trailers to ensure adequate stocks and up to date stock sheets.
8. Work under the supervision of Sampling Team staff to maintain conformance with the Quality System in compliance with the requirements of the ISO 17025 standard.
9. Driving vehicles from a vehicle pool to collect samples from pre-agreed sites.
10. Staff will be expected to be able to drive as they will have access to a vehicle supplied for their field duties.
You will have:
- 4 GCE/GCSE ‘O’ levels, grades A-C, in separate subjects.
- 6 months relevant experience in the last 5 years practical experience of working in a field appropriate to the business area where the opportunity exists. Experience may be gained in academic/voluntary or work-related fields.