- Various (please see description)
- £ 11.11 an hour
Premiere People are currently recruiting on behalf of AFBI for Temporary Assistant Scientific Officers (ASO’s) across the business.
Hourly rate – £11.11
Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm
– Belfast – BT9
- Receipt, recording and preparation of samples for examination and analysis
- Carrying out analytical tests and recording results and experimental data;
- Preparation of laboratory reagents;
- Delivering results in line with instructions accurately and within expected deadlines;
- Making appropriate records as work proceeds and ensuring results are accurately
- Ensuring results are validated through carrying out appropriate quality checks;
Completing all work in line with quality standards and both technical
and scientific operating procedures (ISO9001/17025);
- Perform all procedures in accordance with standard operating procedures and
- Operate complex and expensive scientific instrumentation;
- Assist in the preparation of Standard Operating Procedure’s (SOP’s);
- Operate IT hardware such as PC’s, keyboard and printers. Input data to computerized
database. Generate reports and computerized data and maintain accurate written or
- Ensure that all paper records are completed and filed correctly;
- Communicate with other colleagues and Branches as required;
- Participate in the development, validation and introduction into routine use of new
- Effectively participate in audits
- Use initiative and precedent in dealing with day to day problems.
- Demonstrate work tasks and related procedures to new members of the team, other
staff, visitors and students;
- Train colleagues in the use of IT systems;
- Organise own workload as required; and
- Adherence to Health and Safety and other legislative requirements and maintenance
of a safe and effective working environment.
This list is not exclusive and the successful candidate will be required to carry out
other duties as allocated by management.
- GCE ‘A’ level passes (A to E) or equivalent, in 2 separate subjects, one of which must be
biology or chemistry; and
·GCSE/GCE ‘O’ level grades A, B or C in English and Maths.