- £ 17.06
Building Control Surveyor – Lisburn
£17.06 per hour
- To carry out the range of duties and tasks associated with the administration, application and enforcement of Building Regulations and allied legislation as required by the Head of Service – Building Control. This would include plan assessments and inspecting projects on site, to ensure they meet the functional and other requirements of the appropriate legislation.
- To plan and prioritise work programmes as directed and agreed by the Line Manager to ensure that all duties and tasks are carried within the specified time and performance targets.
- To keep abreast of all changes and amendments to the Building Regulations and allied legislation, and investigate as directed, advances in new building techniques, systems and materials to ensure compliance with the appropriate legislation.
- To participate as required, in any pre consultation service and to consult, liaise and advise builders, developers, agents and the public on Building Regulatory and other technical and legislative matters.
- To participate as required in Project Teams for service development, continuous improvement initiatives and in the training of Building Control Staff and others, including those on work experience.
- To participate in the development and achievement of the Service, Departmental and Group strategic and annual business plans.
- To be innovative and creative in the delivery of the Service utilising modern management theory and practice towards the goal of continuous improvement. To deputise in the absence of the Line Manager and if required, to attend meetings as directed.
- To carry out the range of duties and tasks associated with the administration, application and enforcement of allied services and legislation such as dangerous buildings, property conveyancing, street naming and numbering, energy performance of buildings, completion notice ready reports to LPS, and vacancy control inspections as required by the Head of Service – Building Control.
- Ensure compliance with Council policies and procedures including all Health & Safety protocols and operate within the highest standards of management and personal behaviour, which reflect the core values and behaviours of the organisation.
- Promote equality of opportunity and access in service delivery and in the employment of staff through the mainstreaming of equality
- Ensure the provision of high standards of customer care across all the services provided by the Unit and promote and manage the service effectively and communicate in a way, which enhances and promotes the public image and overall reputation
- Develop and enhance working relationships with relevant partners and stakeholders to maximise corporate and community planning outcomes and to generate innovation in service delivery.
You will have:
- A relevant building related third level qualification (for example, NVQ Level 4, a degree or equivalent) or Corporate Membership of an appropriate building related professional institute, or equivalent.
- Three years’ employment experience in all of the following areas;
- Building Construction and current building techniques;
- Practical application of the Building Regulations;
- Interpreting working drawings and specifications in accordance with Building Regulations.
Where applicants do not hold the qualifications stated at 1 above they must demonstrate a minimum of six years’ experience as outlined above.
Corporate Membership of an appropriate Building Related Professional Institute or Association as listed below:
- Institute of Structural Engineers;
- Royal Institute of British Architects;
- Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (Building Surveying Division);
- Association of Building Engineers;
- Institution of Civil Engineers;
Chartered Institute of Building.