- South Belfast
- £ See job description
Contract Finance Manager required urgently for Public Sector Client
immedate start, ongoing contract, weekly paid, Band 7 pay rate
South Belfast Based
Experience and Qualifications
- Hold a minimum of HNC/HND or equivalent in a construction related discipline with a minimum of three years’ relevant experience;
(b) Have a minimum of five years’ experience in quantity surveying.
- Have demonstrable experience of delivering effective Quantity Surveying support within a complex organisation, multi-site and multi-disciplinary with knowledge in at least 3 of the following areas:
(a) NEC Term Service Contracts (or Measured Term Contracts) contract management
(b) PSA Schedules of Work for Building, Mechanical & Electrical Works or equivalent
(c) IT systems relating to QS measurement and preparation of accounts if applicable
(d) NEC Term Service Contracts and their obligations relating to QS matters or equivalent
To support Estates’ Senior Management in the control of expenditure of various Estates Maintenance Contracts.
The post holder will ensure the financial implementation and delivery of Term Service Short Contract (TSSC) & other rates based Contracts.
The post holder will contribute as an integral member of the Estates Department.
- To assist Estates’ senior management in ensuring the effective management, oversight and governance of all financial aspects of maintenance contracts and projects within the department.
- To develop and implement the appropriate systems and processes to ensure the delivery of an effective Contract Financial Control function, ensuring that minor works along with planned & reactive maintenance contracts are financially managed and monitored in a cost effective and structured fashion.
- To assist in the development and monitoring of planned and reactive maintenance programmes for all NIAS properties as required.
- To assist in the establishment, development and maintenance of approved lists of Contractors for the use in seeking quotations and tenders for sub-contract work.
- To review construction plans for capital projects and prepare quantity requirements.
- To scrutinize maintenance and material costs, as well as contracts to ensure value for money
- To liaising with site managers, clients, contractors, and subcontractors as appropriate
- To prepare reports, analysis, contracts, budgets, financial risk assessments, and other documents as required.
- To document any changes in design and update budgets accordingly.
- To develop bills of quantities, utilising agreed Schedules of Rates to secure value for money and undertake the full on-site measurement of task orders, including the completed work.
- To check orders and rates and prepare the appropriate documents to allow processing of payments to contractors, in line with NIAS financial processes and procedures.
- To ensure compliance with NIAS financial and procurement rules and good governance in the management of contractors within the Estates budget.
- To collaborate in the preparation of business cases, tenders and quotations along with the evaluation of tenders and quotations, in line with NIAS financial and procurement regulations, policies and procedures and corporate timescales.
Please email your cv to :firstname.lastname@example.org