- BT9 Area
- £ £19,500
- BT9 - CREDIT CONTROL
Our client is interested in recruiting a Permanent Experienced Credit Controller to join their team in the BT9 area.
The main objective of the Credit Controller role is to reduce arrears in line with target while at the same time ensuring all market Codes of Practice, Data Protection and in house procedures are followed. The role will involve incoming and outbound telephone calls, investigative work to locate debtors, working with third party agencies and reporting information when required.
Salary – £19,500 per year
Hours of work – Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Principal Responsibilities –
Key elements of the role include –
- Making outbound calls to customers in line with company procedure to discuss accounts and arrange payments
- Taking inbound calls and dealing with customer queries with the ultimate goal of obtaining payment
- Managing a debt list portfolio
- Ensuring that all debt management activies adhere to Regulatory Codes of Practice, Data Protection and in-house procedures
- Monitoring and actioning system TO DOs as required and in line with targets
- Updating customer contacts on the in house billing system
Knowledge and Experience –
- Significant relevant experience in a credit control role
- Detailed understanding of debt chase protocol
- Experience in effective negotiation with customers in difficult situations
- Experience of working in a busy, high volume environment and working towards KPI’s
- IT Literate, particulary in MS Office
- Must have GCSE Maths and English Grades A-C or equivalent
Personal Qualities –
- Motivated and Enthusiastic
Competences – Drive for Results –
- Consistently delivers against targets. Able to operate effectively even when under pressure. Able to prioritize, consistently performs as expected. Has a sense of urgency
Judgement and Decision Making –
- Makes good decisions based on information. Knows when to ask for assistance and when flexibility is needed. Receptive and adaptive to the need to change. Learn from experience.
- Clearly communicates thoughts and information. Able to speak and write succinctly. Actively listens to others. Responds in an honest and timely manner. Empathizes with customers (internal and external) and is always courteous.
Managing Relations –
- Develops and maintains effective internal relationships. Co-operating well and sharing knowledge and experience with others. Able to respond and effectively engage with customers and suppliers whilst maintaining professional standards at all times.
Additional Requirements –
- The job requires a considerable degree of commitment, flexibility and adaptability on the part of the job holders to meet quality standards and work deadlines. The individuals must have the ability to think creatively, to innovate and resolve problems and handle routine work with limited supervison
- A general understanding of the gas and electricity industry
- Previous experience of working within an environment governed by strict polices, procedures and regulatory requirements
If interested in this role if you can please send an updated CV across to firstname.lastname@example.org