- £ See Job Description
- AAK - DP - SNHS
Our client, a leading public sector organisation, based in Newforge Lane are looking to recruit a Deputy Principal to join their team.
The role is available immediately for 6 months
Hourly Pay: £20.66
37 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Main Duties / Purpose of Job / Function of Role
The role of this position will be to establish a communication plan and associated templates and materials for the Soil Nutrient Health Scheme (SNHS)
This will involve:
· Leading the development and implementation of a Communication Plan for the project.
· Development of templates and protocols for communications and ensuring consistency of key messages across the client and partners.
· Providing support to the SNHS programme leader on all aspects of work related to the establishment of the scheme
· Assist with project branding and publicity materials.
· Assisting with responses to media enquiries and advising on any PR issues that may arise.
· Working with the project leads to develop dissemination materials and science communications for diverse stakeholders including farmers, advisory services, environmental NGOS, scientists and policy makers.
· To advise senior staff in the drafting of press releases and statements, to ensure effective science communication to the public and stakeholders and ensure adherence to agreed good practice and policy.
· Assisting with collation of presentations, reports and other documentation as required
Manage the content for the project webpage, providing relevant information for participants and stakeholders, and promoting the research within the scheme.
· Developing a social media strategy for the project team and driving awareness of the scheme through use of social media platforms.
· Assisting with organising events, open days and meetings and leading in the communications planning of events involving our client along with other partners and stakeholders.
Applicants must have:
· A third level degree in a relevant subject.
· At least 2 years’ experience in managing communication at project level.
· Competence in IT applications including MS Office and applicable publishing software.
· Experience in creating and delivering communications and public relations plans.
· Experience of writing press releases to a high standard and producing content for publication as newsletters, online content, reports and briefings.
· Experience of organizing events and open days.
· Experience of working with stakeholders and the public, preferably in an area relating to science.
· Experience of digital communications, including web development.
· Experience of using social media platforms effectively for professional communications.
· Evidence of excellent, written communication skills.
To apply please send your CV via the link or contact email@example.com