- Northern Ireland
- £ £25000-£33500
Our client NIE are currently seeking to recruit Electricians to join their team!
Training starting salary at £25,000 with opportunity to progress to £33,500 + Benefits.
Northern Ireland Electricity Networks Limited (NIE Networks) is a member of the ESB Group of companies. We own the electricity transmission and distribution networks in Northern Ireland transporting electricity to over 880,000 customers including homes and businesses.
We are currently seeking to recruit a number of Metering Electricians. These roles sit within our Customer and Market Services Directorate who are responsible for the installation and maintenance of meters, meter reading and the provision of metering data to various stakeholders operating in the NI retail and wholesale electricity markets.
These vacancies have arisen as a result of a significant work programme involving customer meter changes that we are required to complete during 2021 and beyond.
The role is structured in such a way that you would mainly be working as a single operative but there are occasions when you will be needed to work as part of a team. The expectation is that you would carry out a broad range of metering work as follows:
- Changing meters within commercial/business properties as part of our meter recertification programme.
- Metering installation and changes within other key metering functions as required.
- Diagnosing and Resolving routine metering faults.
- Participation on a standby rota when required
Applicants should note that work content will vary on a daily basis depending on business need.
It is essential that you can demonstrate that you meet the following:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent, at least 17th Edition wiring regulations although 18th edition would be preferable. (NIE will train you up to 18th Edition)
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of commercial metering work.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Demonstrate excellent decision making skills and the ability to anticipate and work around problems to achieve required outcomes.
- Effective interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Demonstrate basic IT skills and competence.
- A positive attitude to the job with a willingness to regard customer service as a key value
- Flexibility in respect of working across Northern Ireland as and when required and also have a flexible approach to working hours.
- A commitment and ability to train for additional skills in line with business needs
- Possess a current driving licence.
Ideally you should also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working with customers to arrange appointments or supply outages.
Desirable criteria may be used for shortlisting purposes.
The nature of the job will change over time as the needs of the business change. It is a requirement of the jobholder to contribute to the development of the role in best reflecting these changing needs.
The post will require a high level of flexibility with respect to work locations. These will be kept under constant review depending on the business needs.
The job also requires a considerable degree of commitment, flexibility and adaptability on the part of the jobholder to meet quality standards and work deadlines.
It should be noted that applicants must clearly demonstrate how they meet the required criteria on either the enclosure included with application forms or their CV as this information will be used for short-listing purposes.
All successful applicants will be required to undergo a period of training on appointment. This training lasts for ten weeks and consists of a mix of class room and onsite activities.
Successful applicants will also be required to pass an Authorisation process before being permitted to work on our electricity network.
All tools and equipment will be provided and a van allocated on the successful completion of training. In the interim travel expenses will be paid.
Attractive Salary and conditions.
All interested candidates please email your CV via the link or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number 02890 720106