- £ Salary is 32k-35k depending on experience.
Our Charitable organization are currently seeking to recruit a Finance & Estates Manager to join their team in Downpatrick.
Salary is 32k-35k depending on experience.
The vacancy is permanent.
Work with the Head of Finance and Business Resources to ensure efficient, effective and robust financial arrangements and procedures are implemented and maintained in Central Office and across all services.
Responsible for maintaining accurate recording of all financial information and regular reporting of same to the Head of Finance & Business Resources, Chief Executive, Finance Sub Committee and full Management Committee where necessary.
Responsible for ensuring that the organisation remains compliant with all statutory financial regulations that apply to it
Provide an effective estates and facilities management function across our sites
Management of Accounting Function, Payroll and Financial Processes
- Manage the financial, accounting and payroll function of the charity using SAGE software. This includes Purchasing, Supplier Payments and Sales Invoicing; Petty Cash processes; Management Accounts; Financial Analysis and reporting; Payroll, and client monies
- Staff management of Finance officer and Administrator, including oversight and governance of procedures, supervision, work delegation, performance and appraisal
- Keep up to date with statutory regulations, guidelines and best practice for the financial management of charities, ensuring that the Trustees are properly advised of their statutory responsibilities
- Maintain proper use of charitable funds, including restricted funds, ensuring that expenditure remains within pre-approved budgets.
- Prepare timely returns to include monthly/quarterly and annual financial accounts to be presented to the Head of Finance & Business Resources/Chief Executive for approval prior to finance subcommittee meetings
- Be a contact with the Charity’s bank and an administrator of the online banking, managing all payments.
- Process claims for Gift Aid and other funding projects
- Support the Head of Finance and Business Resources to produce, annual budgets, project budgets, spending authorities, cash flow projections
- Liaise with our purchasers and funders to maximise income generation.
- Liaise appropriately with third parties such as public and private sector funders, insurers and banks, suppliers, housing associations and landlords
Monitoring of and compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Prepare management accounts and budgets
- Assist the Head of Finance and Business Resources to ensure value for money and protection of charity assets
- Assist the Head of Finance and Business Resources in developing and implementing corrective and preventative measures where necessary, and facilitating/delivering financial process training to all staff
- Report non-compliance, discrepancies and safeguarding issues immediately to the Head of Finance and Business Resources
- Maintain and amend where necessary, financial procedures and administrative systems to ensure accurate capture of financial information as required by law.
- Make continuous improvements to accounting, finance and payroll related internal processes as a knowledge expert, to drive efficiency and best practice
Management and governance of finance procedures and arrangements in relation to Service Users’ Monies
- Support and advise Service Managers in ensuring all assessments, agreements and plans are in place for service users
- Ensure that service users’ assets are protected
- Ensure all documents are appropriately signed and held for audit, in line with procedures.
- Ensure all charges to Service Users are in line with the financial policies and procedures
- Ensure that all purchases are properly procured in line with policy to deliver best value for money for service users
- Ensure all invoices to service users are accurate, adhere to procedures and are issued on a timely basis
- Issue quarterly statements to service users and ensure there is an effective credit control system in place
- Process bank payments for incoming and outgoing expenses on behalf of service users
- Co-ordinate and take part in financial inspections, including audit of all activity and related records in respect of service users’ finances.
- Manage and coordinate estates and maintenance work across all of our sites
- Staff Management of an Administrator and Maintenance Officer to ensure that all planned and reactive maintenance and facilities issues are dealt with effectively and in a timely manner
- Support the Head of Finance and Business Resources in the planning of scheduled and reactive property maintenance contracts, assessing their future suitability for the organisation and presenting future costed models based on contract performance and lifecycle data.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory, mandatory and regulatory requirements in regard to our sites
- Maintain the estates property portfolio of lease and rental agreements liaising with the solicitor, landlords and Land & Property Services.
- Support the Head of Finance and Business Resource to manage the supplier relationships, tender and procurement processes and contracts in place relating to maintenance and facilities across our sites.
- Provide information and advice to managers and staff across our sites on the contractual, statutory issues concerning the estate.
- Provide procurement reports as required to the Head of Finance & Business Resources.
- To maintain an open, supportive, informative and professional relationship with colleagues and committee members
- To ensure that conduct within and outside the organization does not conflict with professional expectations of Mainstay DRP
- To carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job attending courses/training relating to the job role, whether offsite, in house or online
Person Specification – Finance and Estates Manager
- Fully qualified accounting technican or Part/fully qualified accountant with a relevant qualification from any recognized accounting boards
- Proven experience working in a similar role managing a finance function, including managing staff
- Strong experience in using SAGE 50 Accounts and a good knowledge of SAGE payroll.
- Experience of managing facilities and/or estates projects and issues, including the specification, procurement of facilities management service contracts
- Experience of managing budgets and procurement within robust financial and governance procedures
- Highly organized
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a confidential and professional manner
- Strong IT skills, particularly in Microsoft packages & Sage or similar
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong team work ethos to work as part of a small, busy office team
- Excellent problem solver, with proven ability to make improvements and efficiencies
- Full Clean Driving licence and access to a vehicle to enable movement around our sites, and for offsite appointments related to role
- Knowledge of Health and Safety procedures and legislation
All interested candidates pls send your CV via the link or directly to email@example.com
Tel 02890 720106