- Antrim and Newtownabbey Council
- £ 14.38
37 hours a week
Temporary (with the opportunity to go permanent)
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
As a member of the Finance & Governance team, the Financial Accounting Assistant will be expected to contribute to the delivery of the Financial Services Business Plan and the Council’s Corporate Plan.
The main duties will include the preparation of the council’s bank reconciliations, preparation and submission of grant claims and support the efficient and effective operation of the council’s financial reporting function.
Be a member by examination of a CCAB recognised body
Hold a third level qualification in Accounting or Business/Finance related subjects and be currently pursuing a course of study of a CCAB recognised body*
· Minimum of 3 years experience working in a computerised accruals accounting environment to include:
· assisting in the preparation of financial statements and the preparation of bank reconciliations.
· Experience in relevant accruals accounting.
KEY SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Problem-solving/decision-making skills
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Good organiser – able to plan and prioritise work effectively
- Effective communication skills
- Good team working and motivational skills
· Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases