- £ 10.09
- NISCC Admin
Amazing opportunity to join Northern Ireland Social Care Council Team to work as Fitness to Practise Assistant
This job would involve admin support duties and is temporary position up till end of March 2022, but might be extended. pay rate is £10.09 an hour, Location is Belfast, Great Victoria Street.
Desirable Experience or Skills
1. Experience in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook within a working
2. Experience of working under pressure, meeting deadlines and prioritising own
3. Possess excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
4. Experience of working under own initiative with limited supervision and as part of a
5. Experience of data input (using a database system)
6. Minute taking
Note: full training will be given
The post holder will be expected to adopt a flexible approach to work and be able to adapt to changing work
patterns and levels accordingly. The post holder will be required to work under pressure while at the same time
maintaining accurate and quality service levels. The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities in of
the post. This list will be subject to change from time to time and the post holder will be required to be fully
conversant with Fitness to Practise processes and procedures.
1. To assist in the management of the public facing e-mail in-box on a daily basis – responding promptly to
enquiries and escalating as appropriate.
2. To act as NISCC Data Sharing co-ordinator – exchanging and recording sensitive information in
accordance with procedures agreed with all UK social care regulators.
3. To assist in the management of archival and retrieval of records in conjunction with the NISCC
Retention and Disposal Policy
4. To manage the prompt receipt, recording and distribution of Fitness to Practise correspondence. This
includes electronically linking case-related material to the relevant Cases to ensure that a full case
history is maintained.
5. To ensure high standards of customer care at all times by taking accurate telephone messages and
responding to queries from internal and external stakeholders within own area of responsibility in a
diplomatic, confidential and sensitive manner
6. To provide administrative support to the Fitness to Practise Team in the fulfillment of their regulatory
7. To issue referral forms on request and monitor receipt of same
8. To issue routine correspondence to complainants, registrants, their employers as per procedures
9. To accurately input and retrieve data from manual and electronic systems as required, maintaining data
quality at all times and contributing to data quality reviews
The above list is only a sample of the duties that may be assigned and will be subject to review in light of the
changing needs of the Council. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing
The post holder will have access to highly sensitive information and will be required at all times to maintain the
security and confidentiality of all information maintained and generated by the Fitness to Practise Team.
Please send your CV to apply asap.
Closing day is Wednesday 13th of October