- Antrim Area Hospital
- £ £11.53
- fitter antrim
The postholder will be a member of the Estate Services Department.
The duties will normally be carried out on a 5 day week basis.
However, the postholder may be required to participate in a 7 day rota
shift to meet the needs of the service. The shift system may be
inclusive of public, bank and statutory holidays. The postholder may
be required to work occasional overtime to meet the needs of the
The postholder will be required to carry out maintenance routines in
line with his/her training and experience as and where required within
The postholder will be expected to undertake a wide range of
maintenance work in the mechanical and plumbing disciplines which
shall be in keeping with his/her training and/or experience and
undertake any closely related electrical tasks associated with this
The postholder will be required to participate in the National Health
Service Labour Management Scheme.
Key result areas/ Main responsibilities
• Undertake unsupervised maintenance work related to training
and/or experience and understand fully the inter-relationship
between the various maintenance crafts.
• Show a high level of flexibility including performing a wide range
of work of other crafts.
• Use relevant tools and equipment to undertake work on the
mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems in HPSS buildings.
• Manufacture, assemble, erect and install new work as required.
• Undertake training, where necessary, to learn new techniques.
• Diagnose and repair faults in mechanical, electrical and plumbing
installations; plant and equipment; and pass on knowledge to
• Assist with the annual Insurance Inspections on boilers and other
associated steam plant, including preparation, dismantling,
cleaning, repair, reassemble and testing as required.
• Ensure compliance with all written and verbal instruction in
accordance with the Health and Safety (1978) NI Order.
• Provide attendance and a maintenance service on all plant and
equipment within the Trust as directed.
• Receive, observe and calculate fuel usage as required.
• Ensure that all plant is operating at maximum efficiency by
testing, using combustion analysing equipment, reporting on
results and other variances to the maintenance supervisor.
Provide a report on any repairs and/or adjustment made to rectify
• Carry out a given programme of work including planned
preventative maintenance, new work, repairs and emergency
breakdowns as required.
• Carry out the operation of valves, greasing/lubrication, packing or
valve spindles etc on all plant room equipment, pump house and
machinery to ensure all services are effectively maintained on
• Participation in the provision of an on-call system, in accordance
with the locally negotiated agreement.
• Interpret and work from instructions, drawings and specifications
• Participate, at least annually in a review with your line manager
for guidance on personal development and identification of further
training, where appropriate.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by a
Applicants must possess a recognised and
registered CITB or EITB apprenticeship OR
approved company apprenticeship
3 years post apprenticeship experience, 2
years of which must have been spent on
the MAINTENANCE of engineering
services, plumbing and heating installation
City and Guilds 205 Mechanical
Engineering Maintenance Part II
Equivalent qualification considered.
Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering
Knowledge of Heating & Plumbing
Knowledge of B.E.M.S.
Knowledge of steam systems
Knowledge of H.V.A.C. plant
Willing to work shifts if required.
Willing to participate on an on-call rota.
Willing to work overtime when required.
Willingness to work in the electrical
discipline and Energy Centre, as
Full current driving license
This post starting ASAP. Apply now!