- £ Mon – Fri Days £12.00 Sat – Sun Days £13.50 Mon – Fri Nights £12.50 Sat – Sun Nights £14.50
Both fulltime and part time positions available on both AM and PM shifts
Our client is a 24/7 operation delivering fresh food/ambient and clothing to various stores throughout NI.
Nightshift rota starts are from 17:00 through to 22:00. Shift length approx. 10 hrs, delivering primarily fresh on nights.
Dayshift operation is delivering ambient to stores, main shift starts are from 08:00 – 10:00, and average shift length approx. 10 hrs.
Driver typically will do a short load (Belfast etc) and then back for long (Omagh or Strabane or Enniskillen etc) OR 2 medium distance loads (Coleraine and Portadown).
Driver will pick up loaded trailer in Larne depot and deliver to store. At store they will offload trailer onto scissor lift or docking plate and store colleagues will take into warehouse. Driver will then reload trailer with any reverse logistics (pallets or trays or dollies etc) and return trailer to Larne and drop in designated area.
- Reporting to the Transport Controllers;
- Deliveries direct to stores and depots
- Organisation and accurate completion of appropriate paperwork for each delivery consignment;
- Unloading manually required;
- Prompt and regular communication with base of any problems, changes to schedule etc. during the shift;
- Safe and efficient handling of vehicle in all respects, including the optimisation of fuel usage, cleanliness of cab etc;
- Pre-shift checks of vehicle and reporting of maintenance issues;
- Provision of information relating to the shift in the driver de-brief;
- Compliance with all legislation and procedures relating to LGV driving;
- Conducting self in a safe manner and reporting any issues which risk H&S of self/others;
- Undertake any training required by operation;
- To undertake such duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function;