HR Advisor – Lisburn
Role until April 2022
£12.95 per hour
- Carry out the Recruitment and Selection in accordance with the Council’s Recruitment Policies, Equal Opportunity Policy, the Local Government Staff Commission’s Code of Practice on Recruitment and Selection, employment legislation, best practice and associated codes of practice.
- To be the Human Resources representative at relevant Employee Relations processes including disciplinary cases, grievance cases, harassment cases, attendance cases, flexible working requests, FCR’s etc.
- Liaise with the Occupational Health Service in accordance with thePolicy for Managing Attendance and pre-employment health checks.
- To assist with the induction process of new employees
- Carry out administration for new starts, leavers, secondments, transfers and amendments to employee records and documentation.
- To provide effective advice and support to the Departments and Units on generalist Human Resources issues at an advisory level.
- To provide support and advice to line managers in relation to the implementation of Human Resources related policies and procedures.
- As directed assist with the preparation of Monthly / Year End Reports such as Equal Opportunities and Absence. Also assist in preparing reports and statistical returns to relevant Departments, external bodies and Committees.
- Promote equality of opportunity and access in service delivery and in employment of staff through the mainstreaming of equality
- Liaise with the other Human Resource Advisors in delivering the day to day service requirements within the HR & OD Unit, as required.
You will have:
- 5 GCSE passes at grade A-C, NVQ level 2 or equivalent.
- Current Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Two years relevant experience in all of the following areas of responsibility;
- Human Resources
- Provision of advice and guidance to line managers on Generalist Human Resource issues;