- £ £20.66 an hour
Our client, a leading Public Sector organisation, is looking to recruit a Temporary HR Deputy Principal to work on a temporary basis.
The role is based in Belfast City centre and is full time Monday to Friday 9 am-5pm (Hybrid working available)
The role is to start asap initially for 6 months
Pay rate: £20.66
Development of new travel and subsistence policy and amending existing policy:
· To deliver, implement and monitor a consistent mileage policy
· To review Chapter 9 (travel and subsistence) policies to ensure they meet the requirements of Departments and staff; and
· To deliver an effective overseas travel policy ensuring staff are remunerated adequately while stationed abroad, with due consideration of their needs and the requirements
· To manage a travel contract
· To manage and monitor a give as you earn contract, providing the staff with an opportunity to donate to their chosen charities; and
· To ensure a business travel insurance policy is in place, to ensure staff travelling overseas on official business have access to emergency healthcare.
Other travel and subsistence issues:
· To deliver an agreed approach to the 2% uniform uplift of pensions for eligible staff;
· To manage the co-ordination of a response to an annual PAYE audit by HMRC and to consider and implement recommendations made by HMRC;
· To oversee the provision of advice and guidance on travel and subsistence matters on current policies and their application; and
· Management of a small team of staff.
Development of new pay policy and amending existing policy:
· Planning, researching, developing, costing and project managing new and amended pay and allowance policy in light of legislative, case-law and other negotiated changes and making recommendations to senior management on same;
· Consulting with Departments and assisting in negotiation with trades unions on these;
· Developing workable implementation and effective communication plans and ensuring benefits realisation.
Engagement on pay issues:
· Briefing Senior Management and the Permanent Secretary/ Finance Minister; and
· Working with Northern Ireland Statistics Research Agency on paybill modelling and costing policies
The above list is not exhaustive but gives a good indication of the key responsibilities of the post.
2 years’ experience in working in a Human Resources environment.
1 years’ experience of managing a team.
Experience of developing and reviewing HR policies.
Experience of the administration of travel and subsistence policies.
To apply send your cv via the link