- Belfast City Centre
- £ £14.92ph
We are currently recruiting for a HR Executive Officer (E01 grade) to start asap with Northern Ireland Civil Service based in Belfast City Centre. The successful candidate will be required to start asap subject to approval of CV, the vetting process, an Access NI background check and proof of relevant exam results.
Hours of work: 37 hours per week. Monday to Friday. 9am to 5pm.
Rate of pay: £14.92ph (EO1 grade)
Duration: ASAP for 3 months with possible extension
Summary of principal duties and responsibilities
Governance and Accountability
- Assist in the management of NIPSO’s business planning process including preparation of in-year progress reports on performance against targets
- Update on a quarterly basis the NIPSO Corporate Risk Register, for review by line management;
- Input to the drafting of Office policies and staff bulletins.
- Monitoring and reviewing NIPSO’s Corporate Governance Framework updating and revising where necessary for SMT review
- Complete monthly assurance checks in respect of payments processed;
- Co-ordination of the asset management procedures within the Office;
- Preparation of induction documentation and supporting the induction process as required;
- Maintain the HR database and personnel records;
- Providing timely, efficient and confidential administrative support to the HR Advisor as required;
- Recruitment & Selection – all administration tasks required to include record keeping/updating of databases. This will include liaising with both candidates and panels.
- Implementation and data to day maintenance of NIPSO’s HR system including training of new users.
- Training – arranging training as required and ensuring that mandatory training is identified well in advance and completed in a timely fashion.
- Ad hoc project work as determined by HR Advisor.
Premises and Facilities Management
- Responsibility for all Facilities Management;
- Ensure the maintenance of a schedule of planned, preventative maintenance works and reactive maintenance works and keep under review;
- Acting as Premises Officer/ NIPSO Health and Safety Officer and ensuring compliance with the NIPSO Health and Safety Policy, recommending to management changes/updates to this policy as appropriate;
- Maintenance / housekeeping of office accommodation in accordance with laid down requirements. Completion of Display Screen Equipment assessments as necessary;
- Test and maintain the NIPSO disaster recovery, contingency and business continuity plans, recommending to management changes/updates to the relevant policies and procedures as appropriate.
Procurement and Contract Management
- Manage and maintain a register of business cases ensuring adherence to procedures including Post Project Evaluation;
- Oversee the maintenance of a NIPSO contract management database to ensure good practice and control over contract reviews, renewals and expenditure;
- Assist the Finance, Procurement & Corporate Services Manager where necessary with sub–£30k procurements, procurement exercises, tenders and contract management.
Ad Hoc Duties
- Contribute to the planning, organisation and delivery of Office events, conferences, launches and other externally focused occasions;
- Co-ordination of the Office’s advertising and printing requirements;
- Provision of advice and support to senior management and other teams as required;
- Undertake any other Corporate Services duties appropriate to grade and as directed by line management.
General Responsibilities & Duties
- Adhere to the NIPSO values of fairness, impartiality, openness, excellence respect and integrity;
- Adhere to and promote NIPSO policies on Equality of Opportunity and Dignity at Work, demonstrating a commitment to the principles of equality, fairness and diversity in all aspects of work;
- Have due regard for own safety and that of others, behaving appropriately at all times and recording all accidents no matter how minor;
- Take responsibility for the development of own skills and knowledge through proactive engagement in the internal performance review processes;
- Undertake ad-hoc, cross-functional project work supporting the development of the Office and service provision as reasonably requested by your line manager.
2-3 years experience working in busy environment with competing priorities
If interested, please apply an updated CV via the link below.