- £ Hourly pay: £19.76
Our client, a leading public sector organisation, based in Belfast are looking to recruit a lead economist/ (Consumer Council) to join their team.
The role is available immediately. Placement is available until 31st March 2022 with the potential for a further 12 month extension.
Hourly pay: £19.76
37 hours per week Monday to Friday.
To manage a small team of economists/researchers within the Strategy and Emerging Markets team.
To ensure the achievement of objectives as set out in The Consumer Council’s Corporate Plan and Forward Work Programme.
Manage a programme of research and insight projects to inform public policy, legislation and regulation, and shape consumer behaviours.
Manage budget in accordance with organisational procedures and processes.
To proactively support the wider organisation to design, deliver and write-up quantitative and qualitative research projects.
- This post requires a candidate with strong analytical/ research skills therefore a candidate with a Level 6 qualification in which a major component is economics or statistics is preferable.
- Experience of managing research and/or analytical staff
- Experience of project management with strong organisational and time management skills, and using own initiative to problem solve and be solutions-focused.
- Strong experience of using MS Excel in the workplace.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to proof-read effectively, especially in relation to numbers and statistics.
- Strong ability to interpret data and present data in a user-friendly way.
- Experience of working in a busy team with lots of ad hoc quantitative requests.
- Experience of writing up quantitative research findings, e.g. survey results, into reports/bulletins.
To apply please send your CV via the link.