Our client, a leading public sector organisation, based in Belfast are looking to recruit an Information Officer to join their team.
The role is available immediately for 6 months with the option to extend for 6 months.
Hourly Pay: £16.18
37 hours per week Monday to Friday (possibility of weekend and outside hours work)
- Communicating Departmental work through the media;
- Identifying and maximising PR opportunities to raise the profile of initiatives for the Department;
- Coordinating and responding to media enquiries / interview requests as required;
- Writing, editing and proof-reading press releases, articles and forewords for publication;
- Dealing with phone and email queries from journalists;
- Drafting and copy-editing responses to journalists;
- Managing relationships with journalists;
- Managing arrangements for media coverage of events, announcements and visits;
- Assisting press office staff in managing and arranging press conferences, radio and TV interviews;
- Recording and editing short videos
- Publishing Departmental information on social media channels and internet and intranet platforms;
- Coordinating and managing Press Office returns – e.g. FOIs – as required for the Branch;
- Managing the issue of Daily Media Digest and Social Media Updates;
- Staff management responsibility for Administration staff;
- Deputise for Senior Information Officer as required.
- at least two years’ experience within the last eight years in a communications role – e.g press office, public relations, marketing, or journalism
The post holder will be required to demonstrate a wide range of skills including:
- Good project management skills ensuring delivery of agreed plans within timescales and budget;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including copywriting;
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple tasks and to meet deadlines;
- Good attention to detail and accuracy;
- Good creative skills
- Strong IT skills;
- Ability to lead and contribute to meeting Team, Branch, Divisional and Departmental objectives; and
This post will include some travel to meetings and events across Northern Ireland and therefore access to a form of transport will be required to carry out the duties of this post.
To apply please send your CV via the link.