- £ 10.10
Our client, a leading public sector organisation, is looking to recruit a temporary Lab Technician to join their team based in the Stormont area of Belfast.
This role is available immediately for up to 3 Months with the possibility of extension.
Hours of work: Monday-Friday 37 hrs per week
Rate of Pay: £10.10
Main Duties / Purpose Of
Job/Function of Role
The Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute (AFBI) is required to provide
the most efficient and cost-effective testing facilities to deliver
diagnostic and statutory testing which it carries out for its principal
customer the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural
Affairs for Northern Ireland (DAERA). DSIB Virology provides a
statutory and diagnostic service for DAERA, the farming community
and commercial customers, testing a wide range of sample types
received for the presence of viruses and/or viral antigens.
The duties of the post are likely to include the following:
1. Collection, sorting DSIB/ Virology samples, recording any
issues/non-conformances, alerting the area Manager.
2. Work to standards required by ISO17025. Perform associated
duties relating to ISO accreditation.
3. Ability to work as part of a team delivering diagnostic/statutory
results within specific time schedule
4. Adherence to health and safety regulations.
5. Maintenance of laboratory records. This involves working with
Excel spreadsheets, scanning, filing and emailing paperwork.
6. Disposal of Virology waste and responsibility for routine
cleanliness, calibration and maintenance of instrumentation.
7. Ordering and collection of store items.
Stock taking of consumable items, monitoring usage of
chemicals and consumables.
8. Any other duties as required to maintain compliance with
quality standards and/or SOPs in Virology.
This list is not exclusive and the successful candidate will be
required to carry out other duties as allocated by management
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s including a science subject
A general science background would be beneficial
Experience of working in a laboratory environment would be
Effective communication skills
Ability to work as part of a team
Ability to work flexible working hours
to apply send your cv through the link