- £ 22k - 27k
Our Client currently has a requirement for a Payroll Officer within their head office in Belfast.
The salary range is £22K – £27K
This busy department is responsible for the payroll for circa 1200 employees. This is an
excellent opportunity for an experienced Payroll Officer who is seeking to move roles and/or
return to work following a career break.
This position is full time, working 37 hours per week from 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Payroll Operations & Contract Manager.
- Ensuring the accurate, secure and timely payment of all employees
- Assisting the Payroll Operation & Contract Manager in the maintenance and
continuous development of the payroll function, including the compilation of clear detailed work instructions; ensuring any changes to payroll legislation are implemented;
- Ensuring that the company meets it’s obligations in relation to the payment of
HMRC and other third party deductions; maintaining and storing HR & payroll information according to current legislation, audit and security standards and General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) requirements;
- Assisting the Payroll Operations & Contract Manager in the maintenance of the
payroll risk register and testing of business continuity procedures
- Developing effective and credible relationships with Managers, colleagues,
employees and other providers of services who impact on the department
providing advice and guidance to managers and employees on all aspects of
salary sacrifice arrangements, pay and benefits;
- Assisting the Payroll Operations & Contract Manager with the calculation of
bonuses, taxable benefits and validation of P11D’s;
- Interrogating and producing reports from the payroll and HRIS; validating payroll output reports provided by the 3rd party;
- Providing advice and guidance to the HR team on all aspects of payroll legislation; applying all aspects of a pay award; answering payroll queries;
- Checking monthly amendments to the payroll to verify that payments and
deductions are correct. This includes tax, national insurance, voluntary
deductions, statutory and occupational payments;
- Adaptability, commitment and flexibility as required to meet the changing needs of the Human Resources Department;
- Other duties as and when required.
- At least 3 years experience in end to end payroll with the ability to carry out tasks with minimum supervision
- Customer facing experience with the proven ability to resolve employee queries
- Experience of calculating and processing statutory and occupational pay including SMP, SPP, ShPP, SAP, SSP etc.
- Up-to-date knowledge of payroll legislation
- A working knowledge of payroll procedures
- Ability to manually calculate a pay slip
- Experience of processing new starts and leavers
- IT literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite with an emphasis on Excel and Word
- Experience of computerised payroll systems.
- Excellent Analytical, Organisational, Communication and Interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate to employees at all levels.
- Ability to adapt to change and learn new skills/tasks quickly
- Evidence of workload organisation, prioritisation and management
- The flexibility to work and travel throughout Northern Ireland and beyond, as required
- Full Driving Licence
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org