- Accurately organising and monitoring diaries on a daily basis. Meeting with the senior management regularly to discuss, prioritise and action diary commitments, cancellations and rescheduling appointments.
- Liaising with attendees to determine times, durations and venues for meetings. Booking rooms and venues and arranging for or providing hospitality as necessary.
- Copying and collating papers and ensuring that the required briefing and equipment is available. Making the necessary security arrangements and meeting, greeting and escorting visitors.
- Making cost-effective travel and accommodation arrangements through internal branches or directly with service providers.
- Answering and vetting all incoming telephone calls based on knowledge of caller or issue(s) raised. Whenever possible, responding to callers directly by providing information or redirecting to the appropriate departmental official. Taking messages and obtaining contact numbers.
- Secretaryship of meetings inc attendance at meetings and minute-taking.
- Proactively manage emails, correspondence, papers etc on arrival and identifying those requiring urgent action, highlighting deadlines and action points, attaching related papers and passing to senior manager for action. Where appropriate, redirecting to a departmental official for action, Keeping senior manager’s informed of actions. Bringing important target dates and issues to senior officer’s attention on an ongoing basis, based on knowledge and experience of the subject matter.
- Logging the various information types received and issued into electronic postbook(s), tracking responses through BF systems and chasing up outstanding responses to ensure deadlines are met.
- Typing, compiling and issuing emails, letters, acknowledgements, minutes, memos, tables, presentations, charts, slides and reports. Signing and circulating documents on senior manager’s behalf.
- Co-ordinating inputs and drafting co-ordinated responses.
- Scanning, reformatting and updating documents, standardising layouts and creating templates and databases.
- Managing all emails, documents, correspondence, papers and files, in both paper and electronic filing systems – copying, cataloguing, filing, retrieving, archiving, reviewing and deleting/destroying in accordance with guidelines or protocol. Opening and maintaining registered files in line with Departmental Policy and Procedures.
- Researching information sources such as the intranet/internet, Hansard or press articles for items such as publications, records, press releases, contact details and travel information.
Specific Experience / Qualifications required
Applicants must have:
4 GCSEs (including English)
Level 2 diploma in Secretarial Administration
BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Business Administration
At least 1 year’s secretarial experience*
At least 1 years’ experience using Microsoft Office including Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel and Word.
To apply send your cv via the link