- £ 35,745 - £38,890 PA
Procurement Manager required in Newry
- £35,745 – £38,890 PA
- 36 hours per week
- The post holder will have management responsibility for the Procurement services section of the finance department and will work under the direction and guidance of the Assistant Director of Finance to ensure the provision of an efficient and effective service.
To be responsible for implementing relevant aspects of the Procurement Policy and Procedure:
- ensuring that best practice is incorporated into procurement processes
- ensuring that the Procurement policy and operational procedures are available to all those involved in purchasing
- reviewing and updating the Procurement policy and operating procedures; providing advice, guidance and training to all staff in relation to procurement activities to ensure adherence to the Policy and procedures and best value
- To record and provide information on procurement activity
- To be the liaison point for communications (and co-ordination of actions) between the procurement function, budget holders and procurement advisers in all matters relating to procurement projects and initiatives improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance function through the development and application of information and computer technology;
- To assist with the administration of the Financial Accounting system to ensure accurate information relating to procurement activities is available
- Manage, organise and supervise all staff employed in the designated area
- Act as the designated line manager for staff on issues including conduct and discipline, performance management, attendance management, staff appraisal, curriculum and staff development
You must have:
Have a minimum of five years professional experience within the procurement function of a large complex organisation. This experience must include public sector experience in at least 3 of the following areas:
Preparation of annual procurement plans
Preparation of tender documents to comply with Northern Ireland Public Procurement
Evaluation of tenders which are subject to EU regulation;
Maintenance of a Contracts register
Management of contract disputes
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of using a web based procurement system with integrated approvals.
- Experience using Microsoft word/excel
- Experience managing a team
- A pass grade at GCSE Level in English Language or Essential Skills Level 2 in Literacy or an equivalent qualification.
- A pass grade at GCSE Level in Mathematics or Essential Skills Level 2 in Numeracy or NICATS Access Maths Modules or an equivalent qualification.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org