- £ 10.40
Our client is currently seeking a temporary Production Support Worker (Higher Level) based in Belfast.
Rate: £10.40 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours
Length: 3 months initially
– Daily preparation of all equipment, screens and work areas both within and outside the clean room. Cleaning down of these areas at the close of day or as necessary. This includes setting up filters and filling equipment.
– Daily cleaning of the clean area floors and surfaces. After planned maintenance or breakdown cleaning floors, surfaces, walls and ceilings. Cleaning effectiveness is monitored on a weekly basis.
– Washing & preparing containers and closures, including sterilisation of containers, closures and equipment for aseptic preparation.
– Assisting in the preparation of bulk aseptic solutions ready for filling.
– Filling solutions for terminal sterilisation into appropriate containers either by hand or using semi-automatic machinery.
– Assisting in the aseptic filling and sealing of products including those sterilised by filtration.
– Manufacture non-complex sterile products under standard operating procedure and assist the medical technical officer in the manufacture of complex sterile products in the portfolio.
– Capping or heat sealing containers as appropriate.
– Packing and preparing filled containers for sterilisation including submerging ampoules in dye solutions and applying autoclave tape.
– Loading and unloading autoclaves. Operating pre-set controls and carrying out and recording in-process checks.
– Viewing of all products for particulate matter.
– Labelling and packing of products into forms suitable for issue.
– Preparation of production rooms for non-sterile manufacturing and assembly including batch record card and label generation.
– Operation of equipment to support non-sterile manufacturing and assembly.
– Manufacture non-sterile products in the Pharmaceuticals portfolio.
– Support the preparation of extemporaneous pharmaceutical products
– Completing all necessary manufacturing documentation appropriate to their input.
– Assembly of the various emergency medicine kits within the portfolio
– Placing manufactured batches in quarantine and forwarding samples to Quality Control.
– On authorisation from Quality Control, removing the batch from quarantine and placing in store, ready for issue.
– Taking samples from deliveries of raw materials according to guidelines, completing paperwork and forwarding to Quality Control.
– Participating in routine monitoring of the environment, including settle plate, contact plates, swabs, air sampling and water sampling.
– Participating in regular micro-biological operator checks including finger touch plates and broth transfers.
– Assembling and packing orders for dispatch including completion of records of distribution. Packing orders for posting and courier distribution.
– To undertake assembly and distribution to clients under the wholesale distribution authorisation
– To manage production support worker staff within the area of responsibility.
– To undertake level 1 self-inspections
– To participate in weekend and statutory holiday rota and extended hours service if requested
1. Minimum of 4 GCSEs (Grades A-C) or equivalent to include English language and mathematics and at least one years’ experience as a Pharmacy Support Worker in a hospital pharmacy department or hospital pharmacy manufacturing unit or as Pharmacy Assistant in retail pharmacy.
Two years’ experience as a Pharmacy Support Worker in a hospital pharmacy department or hospital pharmacy manufacturing unit.
2. Have, undertaking or willing to undertake an NVQ2 Pharmacy Services (or equivalent in Pharmacy Services¹) or grandparented and willing to undertake an NVQ2 Pharmacy Services.
3. Willing to undertake additional NVQ2 Pharmacy Services modules relevant to the job role
4. Be willing to undertake formal training in Good Manufacturing Practice commensurate with the responsibilities of the post
– Excellent communication skills and telephone skills
– Ability to successfully carry out allocated tasks on own initiative
– Ability to work as part of a team with other grades of staff
– Attention to detail and accurate