- £ 10.70
Ranger required in country Fermanagh (daily travel to sites through Country Tyrone)
£10.70 per hour
8:00am – 4:30 pm Monday – Thursday
8:00am – 1:00 pm Friday
Duties related to the work of HED including:
- Outdoor maintenance including grass cutting, hedge trimming and fencing.
- Cleaning and minor maintenance of buildings.
- Ensuring site furniture / signage is well presented (installation, inspection and routine maintenance).
- Maintain the general upkeep and presentation of Departmental vehicles, plant and machinery.
- Litter / dog foul collection and bin emptying.
- Conducting visitor surveys including completion of questionnaires.
- Animal and plant control.
- Operating specialist equipment / machinery (for which training will be provided).
- Operating a range of tools and equipment, which may include hand tools, minor plant, machinery, and vehicles following the delivery of required training.
- Driving Departmental vehicles.
- Upkeep of and collection of data from visitor number counters.
2. Visitor Services
- Escorting / supervising groups
- Assisting with the preparation, organisation and running of events.
- Assisting with the preparation and setting up of displays/exhibitions, enhanced experiences and interpretative materials.
- Helping the public, answering questions and making visitors feel welcome.
- Assisting the facilitation of externally run events and usage of sites.
3. Health and Safety
Compliance with Health and Safety requirements including:
- Lone working policy and procedures.
- Highlighting any issues at sites.
- Carrying out site inspections.
- Responding to and remedying issues identified in Health and Safety audits / inspections.
- Assisting with carrying out risk assessments and fire evacuation drills.
- Following up any issues arising.
- Maintaining records accurately.
- Timely and accurate recording of all accidents and ‘near miss’ incidents.
- Awareness of the correct response to an emergency situation.
4. Other Duties
- Providing cover for designated State Care sites, and assisting with their operational running (may occasionally include evening and weekend work.)
- Opening, closing and checking the security of sites and car parks. Setting alarms where appropriate.
- Patrolling sites / buildings and enforcing byelaws as an ‘authorised person’ as set out on warrant cards where appropriate; encouraging responsible behaviour by the public.
- Operating audio visual, IT and camera equipment.
- Maintaining and recording site information, such as complaints, visitor numbers and patrol reports.
- Supporting the establishment of and maintaining good working relationships with local landowners, local councils and local community groups and the general public.
- Providing a high quality service to all customers.
- Completing personal timesheets and vehicle log sheets and other returns as may be required.
You will have:
- Driving license essential
- Experience of grounds maintenance and use of equipment and tools
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org