- £ 9.62 - £19.24
- Recreation Assistant
We are recruiting a Recreation Assistant to join our team in Dundonald
- £9.21 – £19.24 hours depending on the shift worked
- Temporary role
- Hours between Monday – Sunday
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the delivery of the centre programme and carryout any additional duties relevant to the post
- Help ensure that all health & safety legislation, relevant guidelines and Health & Safety policies are complied with in relation to the services and activities of the facility and ensuring that any defects or potentially risks are reported to their immediate supervisor, including carrying out relevant checks and completing relevant forms and reports.
- Help ensure that relevant checks and records such as cleaning checks, accident / incident report forms etc are completed in a consistent and accurate manner.
- Help ensure the safe handling, erection / dismantling of all sports / activity equipment within the facility to ensure that all activity areas are suitably prepared / ready and safe for customer use.
- Help ensure that the highest standards of cleanliness and housekeeping are maintained throughout the facility by carrying out associated cleaning duties, operating cleaning equipment/machinery and carrying out relevant checks and helping ensure the safe storage of sports equipment, cleaning materials/chemicals etc.
- Help ensure that all Child Protection and Vulnerable Adult legislation, published relevant guidelines and policies are complied with in the operation of the services and activities of the facility, to help ensure a safe environment for both customers and work colleagues.
- Assisting with the general control and supervision of customers to help ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all and deal with all customer contacts in a positive, helpful and friendly manner.
- Assist in inducting new staff and any temporary work placement students.
- Responsible for responding to and dealing with accidents throughout the centre
- Where appropriate use emergency/lifting equipment to remove casualty
- In the absence of nursing staff perform First Aid.
- In the absence of Centre Management (6am – 9am daily) be responsible for admissions, cash handling, centre bookings and security and emergency evacuation procedures of DIIB in accordance with the out of hours centre evacuation policy
- One year’s experience of working within a wet or dry facility, e.g. Outdoor Sports Pitches, Leisure Centre, Recreation Centre, Private Fitness Club or other sport/leisure organisation
- Previous experience dealing with the general public
It is desirable that applicants have a minimum of:
- A First Aid at Work Qualification
- Previous experience within the Leisure Industry
- Experience of I.T. based systems
Please send your CV to email@example.com