- £ £14.81 pay
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Research, compile and preserve maps and other records of public rights-of-way
throughout the Borough of Ards and North Down.
2. Liaise with landowners and the public in the research and collection of evidence
necessary for the investigation into requests to assert of Public Rights of Way in the
3. Advise the Council on any matters relating to Access to the Countryside Order (NI) 1983.
4. Draft the necessary report for the Council’s Corporate Committee.
5. Ensure that the Council meets its statutory obligations under the Access to the
Countryside (NI) Order 1983.
6. Negotiate with landowners and others and to provide an information service to the public
on statutory access matters and liaise with external bodies as required.
7. Complete the relevant sections of the Council’s Property Certificate questionnaire.
8. To comply with and promote equality, health and safety in accordance with Council
Policies and legal requirement.
9. To undertake any other appropriate duties as may be allocated from time to time in
accordance with the general nature of the post.
CATEGORY ESSENTIAL DESIRABLE
Two A-Levels or equivalent A relevant third level
One years’ relevant experience
that must include dealing with the
public, landowners and statutory
Experience of conducting
investigations and compiling
KEY SKILLS & ABILITIES
Good written and verbal
Ability to pay attention to detail
and to produce accurate work to
Good map reading and IT skills
OTHER REQUIREMENTS A valid driving licence with
access to a form of transport that
will allow fulfilment of the duties
of the post or have access to a
suitable form of transport which
will enable the post holder to
meet the requirements of the