- Belfast - Primarily working from home under review
- £ 14.47ph
- Scientific Officer -Transfrontier Shipment of Waste team
We are currently recruiting for a Scientific Officer to start asap with Northern Ireland Civil Service to start in the Belfast area, the role will be primarily working from home under review.
The successful candidates will be required to start asap subject to approval of their CV and the successful candidate will also be put through the registration/vetting process and an Access NI background check and must be able to provide proof of their relevant qualifications.
Rate of pay: £14.47ph
Duration: 51 weeks with possible extension
Benefits: Weekly pay, 37 holiday days pro rata including bank holiday days. Flexi benefits available after the training period.
The temporary Scientific Officer will provide scientific support for the Transfrontier Shipment of Waste team based within NIEA’S Regulation Unit. The post holder will assist in the assessment and monitoring of documentation required by the waste shipment regulations for the transport of waste from/to Northern Ireland to/from a place outside of the United Kingdom. Assist HScO and wider team. Keep reporting tools and spreadsheets up to date. Conduct physical inspections of waste shipments at roadside or quayside for compliance with EC Regulations. Liaise with port operators and others in the shipping industry. Attend joint road/port inspections along with other agencies such as the PSNI, DVA and Customs officers. Conduct joint inspections with other UK agencies and EU competent authorities. Investigate breaches of legislation and apply enforcement tools in accordance with the NIEA enforcement policy.
- 4 GCE/GCSE ‘O’ levels, grades A-C, in separate subjects. These must include English, Mathematics and a science subject; and
- 1 years’ practical experience of working in a field appropriate to the business area where the opportunity exists,
- Proficient user of Microsoft software (e.g. Word and EXCEL)
Desired Experience/ Qualifications.
- Experience in Regulation: including compliance checks and site inspections
- Experience may be gained in academic/voluntary or work-related fields.
If interested, please apply via the link below.