- £ £14.47
Our client is interested in recruiting a temporary Scientific Officer to join their team based in the BT7 location.
Job role – Scientific Officer
Location – BT7, currently home working in line with government guidelines, subject to review
Hours of work – The successful candidate will normally be required to work 5 days per week totalling 37 hours ( excluding lunch break ). On occasions the duties may include some evening and weekend working. The department operates a flexi working system
Rate of pay – £14.47 per hour
Length of role – Until June 2022
Job duties –
· The post relates to departmental responsibility for Invasive species under both local and European legislation with a particular emphasis on the requirements of the ‘The Invasive Alien Species (Enforcement and Permitting) Order (NI) 2019’. Including investigating reported incidents & assisting with rapid response eradications.
· There will also be a requirement to deal with telephone and e mail enquiries from members of the public and local representatives
Essential Experience / Qualifications –
1) 4 GCE/GCSE ‘O’ Levels, grades A-C, in separate subjects which must include English, Mathematics and one Science subject.
2) 2 years’ experience gained within the last 8 years in a paid, voluntary or academic capacity associated with the conservation or assessment of our natural terrestrial, aquatic or marine heritage (ecosystems, habitats, species, earth science or landscapes), such as in one or a combination of the following:
· Conducting ecological assessments;
· Conducting ecological surveys (including mapping, recording and monitoring of scientific data and any follow up laboratory analysis);
· Report writing and preparation
· A good ecological and botanical knowledge base preferably with some invasive species expertise
If interested in this role if you can please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org