- £ 14.92 per hour
Scientific Officer – Lisburn
6 month post
£14.92 per hour
- Preparation and analysis of environmental samples for the presence of toxic organic substances by use of GCMS and/or LCMS.
- Preparation and analysis of QC samples, performance of system suitability checks, updating QC charts and assisting with the investigation of issues arising, maintenance of the ISO17025 Quality Management System.
- Participation in associated external proficiency schemes.
- Timely reporting of analytical data to end user teams.
- Maintenance of automated sample prep systems and MS instrumentation.
- Assistance with the delivery of method development projects.
- Management of laboratory resources: stock control, ordering of consumables, upkeep of the maintenance and calibration schedule, etc.
- Adherence to H&S policies, COSHH and Risk Assessments.
You will have:
An HNC/HND or equivalent/higher qualification in an appropriate discipline such as chemistry, biochemistry, etc; and
1 years’ experience of working in the field of chemical analysis appropriate to the business area would be desirable. Experience may be gained in academic/voluntary or work-related fields.