- £ 9.21-16.85 per hour
Scientific Officers – Lisburn
£14.47 per hour
Up to 51 weeks
The post holder’s main role is to work as part of a small team responsible for the regulation of authorised waste management activities within a defined geographical area.
The post holder will provide support on the technical, scientific and regulatory basis of decisions on the implementation and enforcement of the waste regulatory system and relevant waste legislation to prevent pollution of the environment and harm to human health.
Main duties include;
· Work as part of a team to meet agreed objectives as set out in Team and Corporate Business Plans.
· Regulate and inspect sites that hold a Waste Management Licenses, Waste Permits and Waste Management License Exemptions.
· Process and determine applications for Waste Management Licenses and Waste Management Exemptions.
· Adhere to Records Management policies, procedures, guidance and best practice; and ensure that key documentation is filed appropriately.
· Manage queries and/or complaints relating to sites which hold Waste Management Licenses, Waste Permits and Waste Management License Exemptions.
• Follow all Health and Safety measures as stipulated by line management and complete all mandatory training as required.
You will have:
· 4 GCE/GCSE ‘O’ levels, grades A-C, in separate subjects. These must include English and Mathematics;
· 1 years’ practical experience of working in a field appropriate to the business area where the opportunity exists;
· Proficient user of Microsoft software (e.g. Word and EXCEL);
· Possess a full current driving licence to enable the post holder to drive in Northern Ireland and access to a form of transport which will enable the applicant to meet the requirements of the post in full;
1 year practical experience which may be gained in academic/voluntary or work related field.