- £ 14.92
Scientific Officer – Lisburn
6 month post
Monday – Friday 9am -5pm
£14.92 per hour
- Preparation and analysis of a wide range of samples primarily for inorganic determinands which may include pH, conductivity, Biological Oxygen Demand, Chloride, Chemical Oxygen Demand and freshwater nutrients in relation to the Water Framework Directive and various Monitoring Programmes. Majority of analytical work is to UKAS standard and must be performed in accordance with documented procedures and in compliance with WMU Health and Safety Policy.
- Quality assurance of analytical data. Plotting and monitoring of Quality Control data
- Maintenance of the Quality System in compliance with the requirements of the ISO 17025 standard
- Efficient management of laboratory resources including consumables and analytical instrumentation.
- Ordering of consumables such as chemicals, consumables, glassware etc.
- Use of method specific software including LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System).
- General laboratory duties including sample reception duties.
- Reporting analytical data to end user teams and the completion of technical reports when required
You will have:
An HNC/HND or equivalent/higher qualification in an appropriate discipline such as chemistry, biochemistry, environmental science etc; and 1 years’ chemical analysis experience of working in a field appropriate to the business area would be desirable. Experience may be gained in academic/voluntary or work- related fields.
Must hold a UK valid driving license