- £ £16.52
We wish to employ an Infrastructure Engineer to support the delivery of
infrastructure solutions and services built on a range of virtualisation, server, storage,
and data protection platforms from Cisco, VMware and Dell|EMC.
Post holder will be expected to provide hands-on technical support in the delivery of
data centre infrastructure, to respond to escalated issues, to assist in the delivery
of new services, and ensure that the organisations environment is available &
The Post Holder will be working on complex projects to help deliver the best digital
services infrastructure and supporting the operational needs of the organisation.
The Post Holder will be a self-starter with a passion for learning, a keen eye for
detail with great time management skills, having the ability to participate in multiple
projects and support streams at any one time.
Hybrid Work from home / office model.
Assist in the management of our server infrastructure, supporting and maintaining resources in our
physical and VMware vSphere environment.
Assist in the monitoring of infrastructure and dealing with alerts using available toolsets.
Assist in the replacement of hardware components on site.
Assist in the installation, implementation and decommissioning of hardware on site.
Assist in analysis of performance statistics, providing appropriate reports on usage and
recommending corrective action.
Maintain a highly secure system through effective governance, and oversight of delivered services.
Ensure that IT security, physical security and data confidentiality are maintained to a high standard.
Produce, and assist in the maintenance of, infrastructure configuration and technical documentation.
Monitor and investigate issues related to server infrastructure and resolve problems in systems,
processes, and services as appropriate following all organisational change control processes.
Provide support on all infrastructure issues ensuring resolutions are implemented in a timely manner.
Participate in the ICT Infrastructure on call rota when required.
Attend the Trust’s Data centres or other Trusts sites when required to ensure delivery of the Digital
Skills / Experience
1. Technology or data focused Degree and 2+ years in a third level supporting role.
2. Technology or data focused HND and 3+ years in a third level supporting role.
3. 4+ years’ experience working in an IT Support Role and a further 2+ years in a third level supporting
4. Experience in managing a Microsoft Server Operating System environment for a large organisation.
5. Experience in managing a VMware vSphere environment for a large organisation.
6. Excellent analysis and troubleshooting skills across a wide range of technical services.
7. Excellent customer service and communication skills.
8. A desire to develop new skills and stay up to date with the latest developments in On Premise
Infrastructure and Cloud
9. Experience of the operation and maintenance of Digital Infrastructure Services.
10. Ability to operate within a wider team.
11. Full Drivers Licence and Access to a Car
12. Experience of working with Dell Storage Technologies
13. Experience in managing a SAN/NAS Storage environment for a large organisation
14. Experience in managing a Backup System environment for a large organisation
15. Experience of working with Cisco UCS Computing Hardware
16. Certification in VMware vSphere, Cisco UCS or Dell Storage Technologies.
17. Experience of PowerShell/PowerCLI
18. Experience administering Active Directory environments.
19. Experience of working with an ITIL environment
Please only apply if you meet Essential Criteria