- £ 40, 000
Currently remote working
Civil Service – Strategic Investment Board
Social Value Advisor
- Promote and develop social value across the public procurement environment, working closely with Departments, Arms-Length Bodies and Local Authorities.
- Act as part of a pre-procurement service offering social value advice to support Departments and agencies as they plan and deliver major projects.
- Develop a network of social value stakeholders, promoting awareness of the unit and securing their support and engagement going forward.
- Work with key stakeholders – including service users and the communities in which services are delivered, exploring ways to better deliver the Executive’s commitment to social value.
- Provide support and advice on brokerage services to contractors to aid delivery of social value initiatives.
- Research and develop best practice on social value implementation internationally with a view to raising the profile of the work of the Social Value Unit in Northern Ireland.
- Develop and deliver a suite of training programmes on social value.
- Represent SIB on relevant forums with scope for development of bespoke forums should the need be identified.
- Promote social value award schemes that will incentivise the further development of social value in Northern Ireland.
Specific Experience required
- Have more than two years’ experience of compiling bids or assessing bids for public sector contracts.
- Have two years’ experience in developing new business areas or generating income streams.
- Have two years’ experience of developing and delivering training to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Have two years’ experience of using excellent communication skills (oral and written) including evidence of effective report writing, and of designing and delivering presentations.
- Demonstrate excellent numeracy and IT skills including proficiency in MS Office, particularly Word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate the ability to work both on their own initiative and as part of a team.
- A track record of identifying, building and maintaining complex stakeholder relationships and delivering outcomes with and on behalf of these stakeholders
- Have an awareness of and access to a wide range of stakeholder networks in the public, private and third sector.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, working to multiple and competing deadlines, maintaining confidentiality and working with a high level of accuracy.