- £ 16.80 an hour
Our client, a leading public sector organisation, based in Belfast are looking to recruit a Statistical Officer to join their team.
The role is available immediately for 6 months
Hourly Pay: £16.80
37 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Key activities involve:
– Data cleaning and validation;
– Data processing / statistical procedures (e.g. imputation, grossing, outlier methods) to produce preliminary estimates;
– Produce draft publication and release documentation for clearance by G7 Statistician, including draft lines and infographics for social media;
– Respond to a variety of adhoc statistical queries;
– Professional development through training and seminars.
- Provide QES advice and information to customers on an ad hoc basis; including answers to AQs, press queries, briefing for policy colleagues and to act as a data service for internal and external customers.
· Liaise with ONS to ensure that the methods used in the development of the QES for Northern Ireland are consistent with those used in the ONS and in line with best practice.
· Continue to develop and improve statistical outputs and processes to meet user needs, including undertaking user engagement exercises, and improving statistical methods in line with the Modernisation project.
· Participate in internal branch working groups and external user groups
At least a second class honours degree [2.2] that includes at least one module in statistics, data analysis or social science research methods; OR
At least a second class honours degree [2.2] and a Royal Statistical Society award of at least Certificate level; OR
A postgraduate degree that includes at least one module in statistics, data analysis or social science research methods
Experience with MS Excel required. Experience in using SAS or R would be beneficial.
Experience with survey methods – sampling, grossing, imputation and outliering etc. would be beneficial.