- Belfast city hospital, Matter and Musgrave hospital
- £ £9.48
- Stores person BSO
INITIAL LOCATION Based in Receipts & Distribution Centre Belfast
City Hospital Lisburn Road Belfast BT7 9AB with requirement to work in other
sites including Musgrave Park Hospital, Mater Infirmrum Hospital and other BSO
PaLS sites within BHSCT
Job is 37.5hrs a week Mon to Fri
To provide an efficient and effective Electronic Materials Management (EMM)
service to the Trust using the regional EMM systems. The post holder will
support the day to day operations of the Hospital by ordering, delivering and
putting away EMM goods as well as being involved in the receipt, picking and
Issuing of goods at BSO’s receipt and distribution points.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Working to a pre-determined schedule scanning or recording the quantities of
items of ward/departmental level stocks to be re-ordered and inputting the data
to the EMM system, liaising with customers as appropriate.
2. Delivery of goods to ward/department level, removal of packaging, put-away of
goods into pre-agreed bin locations within the ward/department stores and
removal of waste packaging to agreed points across the Trust.
3. In putting away goods ensuring the rotation of stock through the proper operation
of the regional EMM system.
4. Return of waste packaging material to agreed points to facilitate collection and
disposal within agreed timescales.
5. Receipt of deliveries in accordance with laid down procedures.
6. Liaise with customers at ward/department level regarding abnormal usage
trends, effects of holidays, bed occupancy etc., to ensure adequate levels of
stocks exist on shelves.
7. Liaise with customers on supply matters such as quality of goods, delivery
arrangements, planned usage etc.
8. Use of technology where available to assist in the flow of information e.g.
Barcode scanners, printers, PC’s and other wireless equipment.
9. Develop a familiarity with products used by wards/departments.
10. Ensure that supplies delivered are located according to agreed customer
11. Receipt and checking of non-stock deliveries at the receipt and distribution
points and onward delivery to end user in accordance with laid down procedures.
12. Operation of BSO’s EMM system.
13. Receipt, checking and issuing of local stock.
14. Carrying out general stores duties such as good housekeeping, operation of
materials handling equipment, assisting with Perpetual Inventory checks and
ensuring the security and careful handling of goods to prevent damage.
15. Provide cover as and when required to other on-site stores.
16. The post holder will be required to demonstrate flexibility to provide cover in
accordance with the trusts service requirements.
1A. Two years relevant experience in a
Procurement or Logistics environment
1B. Three GCSE grades A-C including
Mathematics and English Language or NVQ Level 2 or GNVQ or equivalent PLUS One year’s
relevant experience in a procurement or logistics environment.
1. Ability to work with others’ in a team
and also under direction.
2. Ability to communicate both orally and
3. Ability to demonstrate an acceptable
level of customer awareness.
4. Ability to demonstrate keyboard skills.
Please only send your CV if you meet the criteria