- £ 13.85 per hour
Tech Support Officer in Construction
£13.85 per hour
6 hours per week
Role until Dec 2021
- Develop, plan, organise, co-ordinate and implement student projects and /or employability, personal and social skills qualifications
- Supervise trainees/learners whilst undertaking projects or employ-ability and personal and social development and maintain discipline.
- Assist in the development of technical skills of trainees which will include demonstrating skills to the trainees
- Liaise with Training Support Officers, Lecturers, external community group/charities/agencies to ensure contractual requirements completed to required standard.
- Provide timely reports and contribute to trainee PTP reviews.
- Implement procedures regarding performance and conduct standard
- Ensure quality, safety, and health standards are incorporated into all activities within responsibility of post-holder.
- Undertake trainee assessment, in line with awarding body requirements, including completion of all administrative activities, e.g. e-registers, timesheets etc.
- Ensure all resources required for projects are procured and available when required.
- Engage with the course team to assist in the achievement of the full training framework, including attendance at course conferences
- Participate in staff development programmes
- Be willing to obtain the Driver Qualification Card to drive the College mini bus to transport students
You will have:
- Minimum of 3 years’ industrial experience in the vocational area applied for.
- Hold a Level 3 qualification in the vocational area applied for.
- Hold a Level 5 qualification in the vocational area applied for OR be prepared to
- obtain a Level 5 qualification in the vocational area applied for within 2 years of
- GCSE English Language & Maths at grade C or above or equivalent.Hold or be prepared to obtain an assessor qualification.
- Hold or be prepared to obtain a teaching qualification.
- A current driving licence and access to a car or have access to a form of transport that will enable the post-holder to fulfil the role in full.
- Self-motivated with the ability to progress several tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines, including when working under pressure
- Excellent IT Skills and competent in use of Microsoft Office Products
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.