- £ £ 10.28
Unit Catering Supervisor
Location: Greater Belfast
Hours: Mon – Fri –7.30am / 8.30am start – 36 hrs paid per week
Salary – £10.28
New opportunity for a Unit Catering Supervisor to work for the Education Authority. The role will involve cooking, preparing and organising the food service and promoting this service to parents, principals and customers.
With a vision to inspire, support and challenge all children and young people to be the best that they can be; the Education Authority is a highly regarded organisation supporting all aspects of children’s journey through education.
- Term-time work
- local work
- provide a service to the school community
- Execute skilled cooking activities connected to the full range of menu provisions for example preparation of menus, portion control, special dietary meals and function catering where appropriate.
- Organise and supervise food service, to include all aspects, service points and the transportation of meals.
- Actively promote the service through parents, principals and customers to increase the uptake of meals.
- Ensure that the kitchen and dining centres, if applicable, meet current standards of food safety legislation.
- Ensure all catering practice complies with appropriate Health and Safety Legislation.
- Responsible for securing the unit.
- Ensure effective communication links with the school on all aspects of service delivery.
- Ensure effective communication at all levels through regular staff meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
- Hold either (A) or (B):
- NVQ level 2 in food preparation and cooking or City & Guilds 706-1 & 706-2 or equivalent or higher relevant qualification OR
- Two years’ experience of food preparation and cooking within a catering establishment
- Evidence of effective supervision or management of a catering team
Effective leadership and people management skills to successfully motivate, manage and develop a team
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Effective planning, organisational and decision-making skills and an ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Ability to promote and develop the catering service to our children and young people