- Larne Port and Belfast Port
- £ £20.66ph (Deputy Principal grade) £24.79ph where shift disturbance is applicable.
- Belfast Port - NICS - DAERA - CHM
We are currently recruiting for a Vet Inspector to start imminently with Northern Ireland Civil Service based in Larne Port and Belfast Port. The successful candidate will be required to start asap subject to the approval of the candidate’s CV, the vetting paperwork, an Access NI background check and proof of the relevant qualifications to qualify.
Rate of pay: £20.66ph (Deputy Principal grade)
Duration: ASAP for 6 months with the option to extend.
Hours of work:
Full-Time Shift Working
37 hours per week excluding one hours lunch breaks. This will be worked as part of a shift arrangement which will include regular weekend and night duty. It is expected that the four-week shift pattern will provide coverage for 3 shifts of 8 hours duration every 24 hours i.e. early, late and overnight shift as follows
An example of working times is as follows:
Early Shift: 06:00 – 14:24
Late Shift: 14:00 – 22:24
Night Shift: 22.00 – 06.24
NB: This is subject to review and variation.
For consignments entering Northern Ireland, as per OCR requirements –
- Carry out documentary checks on livestock and products of animal origin
- Carry out identity checks on livestock and products of animal origin
- Carry out physical and welfare checks on livestock and products of animal origin
- Record above information on CHIP system and Traces NT
- Communicate with hauliers and transporters and deal with legislative queries
- Take responsibility for a team of portal inspectors and associated staff
1a. Be a Member or Fellow of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
1b. Be eligible to seek membership of the RCVS*
* Please note that the successful candidate, if not already fully registered with the RCVS, will be required to obtain registration in a timescale deemed reasonable by the Department and prior to taking up the appointment, and must remain on the register while in the post.
- Have at least one year’s cumulative experience** working with farmed animals or in veterinary public health.
** This experience can be gained before graduation.
Appointees must have access to a form of transport to enable them to fulfil the responsibilities of the post and be prepared to travel throughout Northern Ireland as required.
Appointees will be required to have in place Tuberculosis and Brucellosis medical assessments to ensure their suitability to undertake the full range of duties of the post.
Night Workers Assessment – The RA must ensure that this has been offered /completed.
If interested, please apply with an updated CV via the link below.